- This event has passed.
GYP Business Insider
July 14 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$30
During this exclusive Business Insider, young professionals will get a glimpse into one of Gwinnett Community Outreach’s most impactful community engagement programs, Gwinnett 101 Citizen’s Academy, in just two short hours! The Gwinnett 101 Citizens Academy is a 12-week program offered twice each year which aims to develop and nurture informed and engaged residents, students, and business owners in Gwinnett County.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from two department leaders in Gwinnett County Government:
– Mark Farmer, Department Manager of Economic Development
– Lindsey Jorstad, Deputy Department Director of Community Services
Through this Business Insider, participants will:
- Get a hands-on, behind-the-scenes look at how services and programs are provided.
- Learn how to get more involved in their community.
- Have the opportunity to connect with community leaders.
11:00am | Welcome, Lunch is served
11:30am | Presentation & Q&A with Mark Farmer, Department Manager of Economic Development
12:15pm | Presentation & Q&A with Lindsey Jorstad, Deputy Department Director of Community Services
1:00pm | End of event
Who’s invited? All young professionals between the ages of 21-35 who either live, work, or play in Gwinnett County.
What’s included in my ticket? Each registration ticket includes admission to the event and lunch.
What is Gwinnett Community Outreach
Chairman Charlotte J. Nash and the Board of Commissioners championed the county’s first outreach program which now includes communications with diverse constituencies, cultural events, and citizens’ programs. The community outreach program is designed to engage and empower residents to be more informed and involved in Gwinnett County Government. This is achieved through:
- Educational programming and workshops
- Community events and forums
- Stakeholder meetings
- Collaborative partnerships