Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Executive Board of Directors for Gwinnett Young Professionals. Serving on the executive board is a rewarding experience and provides an opportunity for professional growth. Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments required for this leadership position.
You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and job description before you begin filling it out. Please return the completed application to Jessica Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the Chamber office. Applications are used by the Chamber’s staff to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. Executive Board members are appointed by the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce.
Member of the Board Job Description
- Serves a minimum of one two(2)-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve again.
- Accountable to the Gwinnett Chamber Board of Directors.
- Attends board meetings and important related meetings on a regular basis. The full Board of Advisors meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 4 PM at the Chamber. Meetings last 1 -1 ½ hours.
- Makes a serious commitment to participate in GYP committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Builds a collegial working relationship with other committee members that contributes to consensus.
- Participates in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in membership recruitment for the organization.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.