GYP honors leading young business minds, Celebrates with THEYPARTY Awards Event
Gwinnett County, GA – June 17, 2022 – Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP) hosted its second annual THEYPARTY event celebrating the region’s top young business minds. This 35 Under-35 awards program named thirty-four winners and one ‘young professional of the year’ as it furthered GYP’s mission to champion Gwinnett’s next generation of business leaders.
“GYP would like to congratulate this year’s 35 winners on their achievements which have earned them this well-deserved recognition,” said Chase Meeder, Senior Program Manager, GYP. “Our hope is that through this event, we can celebrate those accomplishments and showcase how engagement through GYP has magnified the impact of their success in the greater Gwinnett region.”
The 2022 35-under-35 winners included:
- Adriana Andrade, Precise Consulting
- Charbel Aoun, Georgia First Generation Foundation
- Heather Bellew, HB Consulting Co
- Jasmine Billings, City of Lawrenceville
- Vlad Bursuc, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Kristen Cofelice, Catering Concepts
- Benjamin Coker, Northside Hospital
- Katie Corbett, Gwinnett County Animal Welfare
- Dee Driver, Gwinnett County Government
- Tommy Easley, Atlanta Gladiators
- Ana Echeverry, Chemistry
- Justin Estep, BECA, Inc.
- Jared Estes, Colliers Engineering & Design, Inc.
- Ashley Flagg, Mayvin, Inc.
- Christabel Ghansah, City of Norcross
- Michael Green, Green Financial Resources, LLC
- Tyler Henry, Movement Mortgage
- Stephanie Hernandez, Mosaic Georgia
- Daniel Hwang, Twenty Five Marketing
- Sabina Khoja, Northwestern Mutual
- Catrina Kmieciak, ATLANTA HUMANE SOCIETY
- Kyle Leineweber, Gwinnett County
- Brittany Lowe, Rainbow Village Inc.
- Juan Mejia, JCM Ventures
- Ikram Mohammed, Two & You Foundation
- Muriam Nafees, Gwinnett County Government
- Jake Nguyen, Nguyen & Pham, LLC Attorney at Law
- Shantel Nock, Empower With Words College Prep
- Philip Pendergrass, The Pendergrass Law Firm
- Kam Phillips, The Kam Phillips Group
- Brooke Shultis, Gwinnett County Public Schools, Office of Academies and CTE
- Kristan VandenHeuvel, The Water Tower
- Owen Waits, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Chad Wasdin, Gwinnett, Newton & Rockdale County Health Departments
- Aurielle Williams, Amatus Health
Jasmine Billings, Community Development Manager for the City of Lawrenceville, received the most notable honor of the evening as the 2022 Gwinnett Young Professional of the Year.
More than two hundred young professionals attended the event to honor their peers. THEYPARTY also partnered with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to raise funds to grant a wish for a child in Gwinnett who is suffering from a brain tumor. They announced a total of $3,626 in support of this cause just prior to the conclusion of the evening. For more information on GYP, including THEYPARTY and other programs designed to grow, impact, and connect young professionals, visit gwinnettyoungprofessionals.org.
# # #
Jasmine Billings, City of Lawrenceville, named “Young Professional of the Year” at THEYPARTY.
About the Gwinnett Chamber
The Gwinnett Chamber serves as the voice for businesses, facilitating quality job growth opportunities while enhancing the community’s vitality and quality of life. The Chamber offers the metro Atlanta business community a wealth of growth opportunities by collaborating with regional partners to drive economic and community development initiatives throughout Georgia. Through its fundamental objectives to help create quality jobs and wealth, strengthen the community, and grow business, the Chamber serves more than 2,200 member companies in metro Atlanta while delivering innovative programs to connect businesses locally, regionally, and globally. www.gwinnettchamber.org
About Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP)
Established in 2015, Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP) was created by the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce as an initiative to champion young professionals. We envision GYP to be the leading advocate and innovative resource for young professionals to connect, grow, and make an impact. GYP is designed for individuals, ages 21 to 35, who are living and/or working in Gwinnett. There are no membership fees/dues to participate. Getting involved with GYP is as simple as attending an event!